Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Social Bookmarking in Del.icio.us
Okay, as requested, I did a del.icio.us search for something I am interested in. I received 465 hits. I did the same search on Google and received 11,000,000 hits. Clearly, Google provides a more thorough search (but then, who really has time to go through 11,000,000 web pages?). No, there was nothing I didn't expect. No, I did not find any tags that were confusing or especially useful. I set up my del.icio.us account, but I chose not to add a link to my del.icio.us account to my blog because, frankly, I don't want my coworkers knowing what I'm really interested in (she said with a sly wink). Libraries can take advantage of social bookmarking sites by going to these sites and bookmarking pages. Yes, I can see the potential of this tool for research assistance and also an easy way to create bookmarks that can be accessed from anywhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Wow, you must be interested in something pretty nifty if there's 11,000 web pages about it.
(I hate to worry you, but you must realize that a select few of your coworkers already know what you're really interested in).
LOL... I just love you, CQ!
Post a Comment