Saturday, June 21, 2008

Identity Crisis



Help!!! With all this recent talk of avatars, Thisandthat is having an identity crisis! I need help from my few and faithful readers. Do I stick with tried and true Yosemite Sam, or venture to new and unexplored identities? This is forcing me to come face to face (to face to face) with my multiple personalities. On the one hand, Yosemite has always been there for me, through my perilous and trying times in Materials Processing in my early days here at the Service Center. He was a major player in my " 'Stache Cache", which was a collection of moustached figures that adorned my cubicle "walls". As my good friend Cardboard Queen knows, Thisandthat goes a little weak in the knees for moustaches. ( I have to give thanks to CQ for helping me establish my collection.) On the other hand, maybe it's time to move on to a new and fresh look for Thisandthat. I have created a couple of alter-egos but cannot make a choice. This is where you come in. The avatar on the left feels more like the 'me' I am now. The one on the right is the 'me' I would love to be (it's nice to dream!) Help me, please!

4 comments:

Captain ILL said...

No need to stick with a single avatar; you can change it as your mood changes, or even as the hour changes.

cardboard queen said...

I just came across the Stache Cache on my bookshelf last night. Shame on me for not getting it back to it's rightful owner in a more timely manner.
I like joe's idea of changing avatars often because it calls for creative thinking; but isn't an avatar sort of like a signature...so people know who is calling, writing, stalking just by seeing the picture?

Jazzergigi said...

I love your Meez Thisandthat! She's adorable! But then as I'm sure you're aware, I'm kind'a partial to the Meez peeps! :-)

Captain ILL said...

Carboard Queen, it's probably a good idea to change your signature occasionally as well, just to keep people on their toes.