Monday, June 30, 2008

Maps and Geotagging

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
This assignment was pretty cool. I've traveled a lot in my life (mostly in the U.S.), and it was fun to download Google Earth and virtually visit all the various places I have actually lived and visited. Google Earth even located the hospital in which my youngest daughter was born in Guam. I was even able to see a street-level view of my mother's house down in Florida...how cool! I'm excited about exploring the possibilities even more. I'm curious if there's a way (with Google Earth or some other program) to make a virtual scrapbook chronicling our travels (including the routes taken), with pictures I have taken along the way of various events in my family's lives. I'm sure such a program must exist. Does anyone know what I could use for something like this?

6 comments:

Captain ILL said...

I can't help you with your software search I'm afraid, but I would like to know how you can hang around in outer space without an air supply.

Anonymous said...

It's true; whenever I find myself in outer space, listening to "All Out of Love" on my iPod is a must.

Captain ILL said...

As I typed that, I knew there would be an Air Supply joke coming, and I had a pretty good idea of where it would be coming from too.

However, the itty bitty physicist inside me can't help but wonder how you can listen to Air Supply without an air supply.

groovelily said...

maybe she has hidden superpowers (a la superman)...

thisandthat said...

Okay, here's the secret. Her earrings (which you can't see because of the long hair) give her air to breathe in outer space (think Wonder Woman). Of course, now that I've told you, I'll have to destroy you.

cardboard queen said...

Silly me, I thought your avatar was floating around in front of one of those blue screens (a la Hollywood).
I love your idea of a scrapbook. Think of the possibilities! A person could make a scrapbook with a romantic theme...I'm going to 'Google Earth' and see the park where I spent the summer after ninth grade kissing Gene! Sigh.