Ahhh... the journey is over. It's been a wonderful experience. My favorite exercises were: creating the blog, streaming music, creating a myspace page, streaming video, online image generators, and creating avatars.
This blog has been great fun! It's provided a wonderful opportunity for me to get to know many of my coworkers better, and to find out how surprisingly creative and witty they are. I also enjoyed creating the myspace page. It is a medium which I really thought I would not keep up with, but I've since discovered it's a great way for me to keep in touch with my children and what's going on in their lives. They don't like calling on the phone much, but they are eager to send messages and comments via myspace, and I'm grateful for that. So, it seems that myspace will stay a part of my daily life indefinitely. Another thing I didn't think I had the need for was the streaming audio, but once again, I was mistaken. It's been great to be able to create playlists and have them available at work and at home to listen to whenever I want. It's easier to just come to work and plug my headphones into the computer, rather than to have to decide which cd's I want to bring in daily. Streaming video has also been really cool. I've long been a fan of youtube, but I never knew about Fancast and Hulu until this exercise. It's fun to check out some of the tv shows and movies they offer; especially some of the older shows that you can't find on tv anymore (e.g., my husband is now hooked on Perry Mason reruns). Online generators are amazing. I wish I had more creative skills; there is just so very much to do with these awesome tools! Creating avatars... what can I say? I could spend many hours on this one and still have so much to explore! But it's been fun trying to find a suitable alter-me. So, all this being said .... thanks to Sno-Isle for this "discovery program". I feel lucky to have had the chance to participate!
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment