Tuesday, March 25, 2008
My thoughts on Instant Messaging
I have previously used AOL instant messenger (several years ago). It is a wonderful way to meet and chat with people on the internet. I met a gentleman in a chat room living in Scotland and we IM'd regularly for several months. He even flew to Washington so we could talk in person! How great is that? IM is a great mode of communication and can save a small fortune in long distance charges. It is also a quick and easy way to connect with coworkers throughout the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
Seriously??
Someone from Scotland...someone with a Scottish accent... came here specifically to talk to you in person?
I am beyond envious!
His name wasn't Gordon was it?
Have you seen the movie 'Mrs. Brown' with Judy Dench and some FABULOUS man in a kilt? I couldn't stay awake for the whole shebang, but this guy is fabulous.
Without researching it, do you know what that thing hanging in front of a kilt is called? (careful now, this is a work-related blog experience).
Do you know who Gordon is?
I hate to disappoint, but the gentleman was an Englishman living in Scotland, he was not born in Scotland. And his name was Alan. But he did have a delightful English accent. And to CQ, the "thing that hangs in front of a kilt" is called the sporran. This information may also be useful to groovelily in case it ever comes up in Scrabble.
Post a Comment