Monday, April 21, 2008

My Space, Your Space, Our Space

I was a good girl and created my MySpace page, only to have someone tell me that it's lame because I allowed 'Tom' to be my "friend", because Tom will be anybody's friend. (I am speaking of course of the ubiquitous "MySpace" Tom.) But I have to say I did have fun making the page, although I can't make any promises about keeping up with it. It's hard enough finding time to add to my blog (which has become a hopeless addiction). MySpace offers a lot of ways to customize your page and allows you to invite friends easily enough. I can see why it is so popular, especially with younger people. It gives them a great opportunity to express themselves and keep in touch with others.

5 comments:

Captain ILL said...

Just because Tom will be any old person's friend, doesn't mean that he isn't a righteous dude. Of course I wouldn't know because the first thing I did was delete him from my friend list.

groovelily said...

thank goodness i figured out how to delete tom...

Unknown said...

Tom was good to me in the beginning.
But once I got real friends I dropped him like an exercise program.

thisandthat said...

Sorry guys, I just can't find it in my heart to give him up. After all, he was my first.

cardboard queen said...

Yikes! Too much Tom is not such a good thing. Or is it? Actually I was in love with a boy named Tom when I was in the seventh grade. He was one of the 'smart kids'. He sported a crew cut...which prompted my best friends to call him 'nude-head'. He wore braces...which wasn't an issue since the chances that I would ever lock lips with him were extremely slim. I loved him for a full year. I am pretty sure that he loathed me. Several years after we had graduated from high school, I ran into Tom in the lobby of my work place; he was waiting to take a top-heavy co-worker to lunch. I am pretty sure he was married to someone else at the time.
Sigh. I loved Tom the year before I loved the boy who later went to jail for credit card fraud.