
I managed to dig up some more interesting book titles for your entertainment:
Cheese Problems Solved - PLH McSweeney
The Pop-up Book of Phobias - Gary Greenberg
The Pop-up Book of Sex - Melcher Media
How to Fossilize Your Hamster - Mick O'Hare
Bombproof Your Horse - Rick Pelicano & Lauren Tjaden
Population Control through Nuclear Pollution - Arthur R Tamplin
Do-it-Yourself Brain Surgery and Other Home Skills - Stewart Cowley
Happy Reading!!








4 comments:
Are you serious, The Pop-up Book of Sex? Does that go hand-in-hand with The Pop-up Book of Phobias? Which came first the phobias or the sex? And couldn't both be enhanced with a plate of problem-free cheese?
Do-it-Yourself Brain Surgery...pinch me! I just purchased a set of Chinese riflers from a surplus catalog.
How to Fossilize Your Hamster...this sounds very homeshcool-y. I wish I'd come across it back-in-the-day. Good science fair fodder. (What if the author had written a book about fossilizing your rabbit...what a hoot...check out his name!)
Horses and Nuclear birth control...I'll save those gems for another day.
These titles are so incredible it makes me jealous since all I see are boring ILL books. Here's one to add to the list: "Cubicle Warfare". My boss got it as an advance reader copy, but snatched it away before I could look inside. I think she was afraid it would tempt me to the Dark Side.
Joe Munson has often warfared against cubicle mates. yup. it works. for an explanation see groovelily or the captain.
These titles are just too fun! As for the Pop-up Book of Sex, that's too easy. I'll leave that one alone. But the one on phobias? One can only imagine what the author(s) may have been thinking. Possibly to help the poor phobic ridden devil into hopefully getting over it by over-exposure to what one is afraid of? Imagine a chapter on acrophobia and opening the book to have a view, from above, of the Grand Canyon or Deception Pass open up before you. Or a chapter on arachnophobia where a huge spider pops up. Or even a chapter on pentheraphobia, where one's mother-in-law pops-up. Of course if you suffer from bibliophobia, forget about it, you won't even be able to pick up the book. No point in having a chapter on that. A quick check of a list of phobias, and I'm not seeing a name for my own personal favorite phobia, so I'll just have to make one up. A quick study of how phobias are named, reveals that "phobia" is Greek and that one should remain true to the rule and use Greek for creating new names for phobias. So here goes, akaplyntiriophobe, for the fear of dirty laundry. I personally shudder to think of what would pop-up should there be a chapter on that.
"So many books, so little time." Jazzergigi
Post a Comment