Sunday, April 27, 2008

Homestyle?

After seeing Captain ILL's report on the Baconator, I decided to do some research of my own. This is a lovely picture of the Wendy's Homestyle Chicken Fillet sandwich. Looks pretty appetizing, yes? After ordering takeout, I took my prize home to enjoy. All the long drive home I was thinking of the succulent tender fillet and how I could hardly wait to sink my teeth into it. I got home, and with the enthusiasm of a small child on Christmas morning, I opened my package. I must say I was shocked and horrified upon opening my culinary treat! Sure, there's ample meat, but everyone knows that presentation is key in food preparation. But, then I thought of the good Captain's inspiring words... "the Captain did eat the whole burger; he is an American after all." So, not to be outdone, I patriotically consumed the entire feast. Rather chewy, but all-in-all, not so bad.

2 comments:

Captain ILL said...

You are a true American!

groovelily said...

But, did it taste like chicken?